Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Character

In our first blog post for this school year, I would like to take a chance and highlight the character program we have begun in chapel. This past week we completed our fourth character quality by discussing perseverance. I am amazed at how even our young students have grasped the concepts of what we are studying. We have spent time discussing compassion, hope, citizenship, and perseverance. Many of you have already shared with me how your children have come home and put into action some of what we have said. There is nothing that brightens my heart more than to know that what we are doing is making an impact in the lives of our students. We will continue to discuss the character qualities of responsibility, respect, courage, excellence, and honesty over the coming weeks. Each week we are posting the character quality of the week on the school website along with the link to the Focus on the Family website where the program we are using originates. I challenge you to take a look at the Focus on the Family website and use some of the materials that go along with the weekly character quality to foster discussions at home. This is a great way to connect learning at school with learning at home!

It is again my plan to post thoughtful discussions to my blog every few weeks. I hope that you will read along as we try to explore various topics that have an impact on families and parenting. As a parent myself, we are in this journey together. The hope is that we can generate discussion and help each other along this wonderful journey! Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts on the blog!

No comments: